This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Jotech Metal Fabrication Industries Sdn Bhd (“Jotech”) collects, uses and protects your Personal Data which you have provided to Jotech. By engaging Jotech to provide its products and/or services or by accessing the Jotech’s website http://www.jotech.com.my (“Website”), you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Jotech in the provision of products and/or services that you have requested from Jotech (“Services”).
· PERSONAL DATA
- The “Personal Data” that you provide or have provided to Jotech includes your name, contact details, address, email address, NRIC number or passport number, bank account information.
- In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to Jotech directly (whether when engaging us to provide our services or during any communication with Jotech), Jotech may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registration Department of Malaysia, or at events organized or participated by Jotech.
- In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse and family members, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Notice to them.
· PURPOSE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- By engaging Jotech, you hereby agree and consent to Jotech in using and processing your Personal Data provided to Jotech, in the manner and for the purposes as described below:
- for the purposes of the Services;
- for preparing any document or instrument which may be required for the purposes set out in sub-paragraph (1) above and such other ancillary work in connection with sub-paragraph (1) above, including but not limited to, preparing the necessary contract or agreement or instrument to which you are a party;
- to provide such necessary information to any regulatory or governmental authorities as required by statutory, regulatory or governmental requirements;
- for Jotech’s internal administrative purposes including historical and conflict checking purposes;
- for Jotech to communicate with you; and
- for Jotech to comply with its obligations under law or any regulations imposed by regulatory or governmental authorities.
- It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to Jotech. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data, Jotech may not be able to:
- provide you the services that you require; or
- communicate effectively with you.
- Jotech may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as:
- to send you materials such as season greeting cards, newsletters, articles, write-ups and other updates, distribute information of events, conferences, talks and seminars which may be of interest to you; and
- potential referees to editors / researchers, publications, reports and journals and potential clients who request for referees of past work in our credential statements, tenders and submissions,
if any, by way of email or mail.
If you do not agree or consent to Jotech processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this paragraph 2.3, please notify Jotech by contacting Jotech via the contact details set out in paragraph 5.1 below.
· DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data provided to Jotech or obtained by Jotech shall be kept confidential by Jotech. However, it may be necessary for Jotech to engage third party companies, service providers or individuals to perform certain services on Jotech’s behalf. In such event, you hereby agree and consent that Jotech may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including without limitation, as follows:
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- storage facility providers;
- external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors; and
- such other party as Jotech deems necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
- Jotech shall also disclose and transfer the information to any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and / or governmental authorities where legally required to do so.
· EMAIL AND WEBSITE
- Any Personal Data contained in the emails and “Contact Us” messages sent via the Jotech’s Website to Jotech shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice. The content of the messages shall be strictly monitored by Jotech.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
- Jotech’s Website may contain links to other sites and pages. Jotech shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to other entity via the links.
· REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
- You may at any time hereafter request for access to, or request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data (if applicable), or limit the processing of your Personal Data by Jotech, as the case may be, however subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable law. If you wish to do so, please contact:
Name: Mr. KC Yong, Assistant General Manager
Address: 20, 22 & 24, Jalan Masyhur 1, Taman Perindustrian Cemerlang, 81800 Ulu Tiram, Johor, Malaysia
- You may also contact Jotech via the above contact details if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data provided to Jotech.
- Please note that Jotech has the right to refuse your request to access and / or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
- In the event of any change in your Personal Data, you are obliged to promptly contact and notify the Jotech via the contact details set out in paragraph 5.1 above.
- Jotech reserves the right to amend or modify this Notice from time to time.
- This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between this English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, this English version shall prevail.